Mar 16, 2009

To Garden or Not to Garden


Brad and I have often talked about planting a vegetable garden. Last night the subject came up again. We both really like the idea and want to get started but quite honestly have no clue where or how to begin. Brad suggests we get some dirt, throw out some seeds, and see what happens. I have a feeling it isn't that easy.

I have this odd prairie like desire to spend time with the kids in a garden this summer. Then again, I could also spend time with them at one of the bazillion farmers markets around here. Same fresh veggies. Much less work. Possibly less satisfying.

So here I am. Online. Digging before we dig. If anyone can point me in the right direction...oh man...please do.

3 comments:

Ashley B said...

No help here-- I will let you try it and I will learn from you :)-- hey maybe we will learn something from the kids at the kite festival this weekend :)

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Have you seen that upside-down tomato plant grower they advertise on hgtv? it looks so easy and you don't have to sweat outside in the heat or get your fingernails dirty...apparently. That's the only advice i have...

Anonymous said...

I have a source...I'll get back to you!