Aug 13, 2010

What? More puppy talk?!

I know. I should get a grip and post about something else but I'm up to my eyeballs in puppy training.  (if you aren't in to puppies or puppy training you can stop reading now)  I wish I had blogged about Spicy's progress as a pup so I would have a reference for Lucy. 

We've learned alot about Lucy. She plays hard and then when she is tired she will climb into her bed and sleep hard.  She likes to bury her head to block out light when she naps. She prefers to sneak a piece of Spicy's kibble than eat her own. She has adjusted very well to sleeping in the crate at night. She sleeps all night amazingly. Unfortunately I wake up multiple times to check on her. She is learning her name and comes pretty well too.  When I read over that, it sounds easy. Let me tell you- it isn't.  Puppies are sooooooo rewarding but they are also sooooooo much work.  The kids "take shifts" to watch her and Aaron has especially taken an active role in "raising her."

Spicy is doing quite a bit better with her.  They aren't friends yet but he is learning that she isn't going to hurt him.  They both had check ups yesterday. Spicy weighed 11.3 and Lucy is still 2.8 lbs. Spicy had to get a couple shots AND have his microchip inserted. He was a real trooper.  Brad told him how proud he was of him many times. Many times. It was cute.

Like a baby...you have to get things done while the puppy sleeps. So...I'm going to get some homework done. Yuck. Good news though- I will be inbetween classes during the Disney trip. (thank goodness!) and I will be totally finished in December. I can't even tell you how glad I will be to be finished. Again, sooooo rewarding but sooooo much work.

1 comment:

Julia said...

CUTE puppies!! And you look so flippin' skinny!