Aug 5, 2010

Help Wanted


I've gone back and forth on whether or not to blog on this.  The Bible says not to boast about fasting...it should be a private thing.  However, when a church is doing a fast together part of that silence is lifted. And believe me, this isn't boasting...this is begging for help! In this particular case, our church is getting prepared to start the Daniel Fast.  Brad and I are participating and I want you to help keep me accountable in this.  I am quite the carnivore. I drink coffe- with milk- every morning. Every. Single. Morning.  This is going to be a struggle.  The basics of the Daniel fast are to have a diet of fruit and vegetables.  We will omit meat, dairy, sugar, and heavily processed foods.  I say heavily processed because Brad and I have decided we will eat whole grain bread and some canned vegetables. Does that make us less holy? I actually don't think so. 

I'm going to be really honest here (when am I ever NOT really honest on here?) but I've never fully understood how a fast is helpful in seeking God because I would think one would be soooo totally focused on food that nothing else would consume their thoughts.  I am trusting to come out of this experience with new beliefs and knowledge in this area.

So, if you happen to be a blog reader that prays for us, please pray heavily from August 8th-August 21st. We start at 6pm on the 8th...so yes...you will see me with coffee at church Sunday morning.  Please don't think I have already fallen off the wagon by 10am!

If you have participated in the Daniel fast and have encouragement (AND RECIPES) to share...please send them our way.

No Mother, the kids aren't participating. They will still get all the milk and meat they need.  They might see a few new vegetables around here though.

No comments: