Dec 30, 2009

For Those Better Than Me

I am posting this for all you domestic divas out there. Have you ever started cookies or brownies only to realize you don't have enough eggs? AOL homepage headlines offer some hope as it teases about a "great idea" for egg substitutes. I quickly clicked over to be enlightened by this ground breaking information that would change the way I bake forever.

My excitement quickly turned to annoyance as I read, " For each replaced egg, grind a tablespoon of flax seed and dissolve it in 3 tablespoons of water. "

Seriously? Seriously AOL? If I am out of eggs do you honestly think I have a tablespoon of flax seed lying around? And even if I could scrape up some flax seed, do you think I would have the tools to grind it or even know how to grind it?? Whatthecrapever.


I'm putting away my apron and opening up some Oreos. No egg requirement there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! FUNNY! Yeah, I don't think I have any flax seed at home and don't have the slightest idea of how to GRIND it, but i'm sure my husband would have an idea on that. he has lots of tools ;O) hehehe.

Valerie Clark said...

lol, that's hilarious! I love your writing style!