Feb 8, 2011

True Story

Don't laugh at my 7 years sign. I so wish the whole monthly sign pictures had been invented when my kids were babies. I'm going to pretend that we've done this all along...

Anyway, 7 years ago-- four year old Aaron informed me "Baby Andrew is going to be born today." I was hopeful so we skipped church to go walk the mall.  We walked and and walked. No Baby Andrew. We ate at Sonic. No Baby Andrew. We took an afternoon nap. No Baby Andrew. Finally I told Aaron that I didn't think he was going to be born that day- it was already almost 4pm.  Aaron suggested that maybe Andrew forgot...he proceeded to climb up on the bed and lean over me to remind him. "Baby Andrew- today is your day to be born." He kissed me and hopped down. Such confidence. Feeling no contractions at all, I sent Aaron and Brad on to Awanas. (Maci was still napping) They had been gone about 15 minutes when I heard and felt that familiar POP. My water broke. Baby Andrew was going to be born that day after all!

Aaron's teacher was also pregnant. When he returned to school she asked when her baby was going to be born. Aaron looked at her very serious and said, "I don't know. I only knew about Baby Andrew."

True Story.

Happy Birthday Andy Bear.

1 comment:

Ashley B said...

Awwww -- Happy Birthday Andy Bear